Cooking from Other Blogs # 2
1) I made Nupur's Undhiyu and Sia's Rajma Masala (sans Mushroom) to go alongwith Chapathis for our dinner - we really enjoyed both dishes. For the Undhiyu, I used frozen Undhiyu vegetables with the masala in Nupur's recipe.
2) Indira's Sprout Stew - more details here
3) Suganya's Vegetarian Dumplings, but with my recipe for Tofu Scramble as filling instead of the one in her recipe because my husband is not a big fan of uncooked Tofu.
4) Raaga's Masala Buns which turned out really good, especially the next day after re-heating it. I changed the filling a bit to include more vegetables instead of potatoes as the main ingredient, added home-grown chives in the buns and also reduced the yeast in the bun recipe to 1 pkt of Active Dry Yeast (2.25 tsp).
Chopped Home-Grown Chives
Masala Buns out of the oven...
5) Asha's Broccoli Cheese Soup sorry no pictures here but we liked it and my husband said it was close to the one he has at the 'Corner Bakery'
6) Vineela's Vangi Baath - which is a hot favorite at home and I'm really pleased because Arun is not an eggplant fan normally except for a few dishes.. - again sorry no pictures.
Thank you all for such wonderful recipes.
I've been given a Schmooze Award by TBC and it was such a pleasant surprise. Thank you TBC. I'm not sure though if I fully deserve it but it sure did bring a smile on my face that stuck pretty much throughout the day. I try my best to be a 'schmoozer' though I am yet to get really good at it :)
The Power of Schmooze Award is for bloggers who "effortlessly weave their way in and out of the blogosphere, leaving friendly trails and smiles, happily making new friends along the way. They don't limit their visits to only the rich and successful, but spend some time to say hello to new blogs as well. They are the ones who engage others in meaningful conversations, refusing to let it end at a mere hello - all the while fostering a sense of closeness and friendship."
I see quite a few in the blogging community have been honoured already... I'd like to pass on this award to:
Richa of As Dear as Salt
Tee of Bhaatukli
Bhags of Crazy Curry and
Cinnamon of Cinnamon Trail
Sharmi of Neivedyam - Am sorry I missed you the first time, I incorrectly thought that you already got this award until I checked now!
Thank you everyone for making blogging so enjoyable, informative and for being so encouraging and inspirational.