Originally Posted 1st June 2007
Here's a recipe for a popular Indo-Chinese dish - Vegetable Noodles. I make this often and can add any amount of vegetables, even the ones that Arun doesn't normally favour, and not have to worry about it being rejected. Any combination of vegetables works. Even my daughter likes it but it gets a bit spicy for her.
Egg Noodles / Plain Noodles - 1 pkt (200g)
Onion - 1, sliced thin
Garlic - 5 cloves, chopped
Ginger - 1 inch, chopped
Carrots - 2, peeled and julienned
Green Beans - 20, sliced diagonally
Cauliflower -1 cup, sliced
Broccoli - 1 cup, sliced
White Mushrooms - 8 to 10, sliced
Bell Pepper - 1/2, julienned
Purple Cabbage - 1/4, chopped
Soy sauce - 1 tsp
Sriracha (Chilli Garlic Sauce) - 2 tsp
Ketchup - 1 to 2 tsp
Salt, to taste
Chilli powder - 1 tsp
Black Pepper, to taste
Canola Oil - 2 to 3 tsp
1. Cook noodles according to package directions. Ensure it's not mushy. Drain and keep aside.
2. Heat oil in a pan, add onions, garlic and ginger. Saute for a few minutes.
3. Next, add bell peppers and mushrooms with a little salt and stir-fry some more
4. Add the remaining vegetables, chilli powder, sufficient salt and saute on a medium-high heat.
5. Once they have cooked well, add the sauces, noodles and toss well.
6. Add black pepper now and reduce heat to medium, toss occasionally - this will ensure that the noodles get crispy.
That's it... noodles are ready. This is on the spicy side so go easy on the sauces based on your tolerance.