Here's a wonderful recipe for Stuffed Mushrooms.
25 Cremini mushrooms or baby bellas
2 tbsp butter
5 small red onions (shallots), finely diced
several pinches of dried basil
Couple piches of dried red chilli flakes or chilli powder
1/3 cup coarse breadcrumbs
1/8 cup grated parmigiano or parmesan cheese
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Salt and pepper
1. Pre-heat oven to 425F
2. Trim stems from mushroom and wipe with a damp cloth
3. Finely chop about 4-5 of the mushrooms and reserve the remaining whole.
4. Heat a tbsp butter in a pan, add onions and cook till tender.
5. Add basil, red chilli flakes, chopped mushrooms and some salt cook till soft. Now add the remaining tbsp of butter.
6. Transfer to a dish and add bread crumbs and parmesan cheese. Adjust salt and pepper and let cool.
7. Butter or spray a baking dish and arrange the whole mushrooms in a layer. Season the mushrooms with little salt.
8. Stuff each mushroom with the onion-mushroom-bread mixture to a tall mound
9. Drizzle the mushrooms with olive oil and bake for about 20-25 mins.
Hope you enjoy these as much as we do.