1) Arundathi's Baked Samosas- perfect & crunchy and particularly my favorite because these are NOT deep fried. My daughter loved the crust and kept picking at it but declared that the filling was "too (s)picy" :)
2) Cham's White Potato Kurma- we really loved this and my husband remarked how this tastes like something you'd get in a hotel, only better. I cooked the entire thing in the pressure cooker so was fast too.
3) Nupur's Mushroom Chettinad - this features quite regularly at home nowadays and it's a cinch to make this. Interestingly, I was inspired to make this after seeing Sig's post after trying this from Nupur's blog similar to how I was inspired to make Sig's butternut squash erissery after seeing Nupur's post about it :)
4) TBC's Radish Kootu - i always just made red radishes into a chutney or sliced these pink beauties and added them to sambar... so this kootu was different & incredible and gives me one new dish to make with radish.
5) Dhivya Karthik's Pretzels - this was my maiden attempt at making soft pretzels and I've always favoured these , particularly the jalapeno one from Aunt Anne's. I sprinkled one with cinnamon-sugar kept the other plain. These were good but mine weren't as soft as I had hoped they would be.
6) Nags' Okra with Besan- My husband prefers dry preparations of okra and the fact that this dish was a favorite among Nags and her husband (2 pple who don't like okra) made me think that this would be a winner for sure - and i was right. The only change is that I microwave the bhindi slices before mixing with the besan batter.
8) Indira's Gongura Pappu- I've not cooked with Gongura so when I first laid hands on a pack, I made a pachadi with it and we loved it - the next few times I made this pappu. It's very quick and we love the tangy, spicy taste.... sorry no pictures though.
9) Ramya's Thin Kurma- I made this just to add to my Kothu Parotta and it made it so moist and even more flavorful. Again no pictures but it resembled my Tomato Kurma quite a bit in taste & look.
That's for now in this edition and I will keep updating this blog with more items I get to try...