So, this little girl came with a recipe card when she visited our place and we set about re-creating the chocolate chip oatmeal cookie she had made in her previous class. She was so excited and helped in measuring, mixing and also putting spoonfuls of the dough onto the baking sheet. We loved the crispy, crunchy taste of the cookies so I wrote down the recipe and made it again a while ago.. Thank you Joshna for this fabulous recipe.
CHOCOLATE CHIP OATMEAL COOKIES
Yield - 30 to 40 small cookies
All purpose Flour - 1 cup
Oats (I used Quaker old fashioned) - 2/3 cup
Butter - 1/2 cup
Chocolate Chips - 1 cup
Sugar - 1/2 cup
Brown Sugar - 1/2 cup
Vanilla - 1 tsp
Egg - 1
Baking Soda - 1 tsp
Baking powder - 1/2 tsp
Salt - a tiny pinch
1) Preheat oven to 375F. Combine flour, oats, baking soda, baking powder and salt with a wire whisk.
2) Beat softened butter, brown sugar and sugar on medium, till creamy and smooth.
3) Add the vanilla and egg, beat on low till incorporated.
4) Add the dry ingredients and beat until combined. Stir in the chocolate chips.
5) Drop rounded spoonfuls of the dough onto an ungreased cookie sheet (atleast 2 inches apart) and bake for 9 to 11 minutes or until lightly golden. Allow to cool completely to get the crunchy taste...
Madhavi has given me the 'Blogging with a Purpose' Award - extremely kind of her. I would like to pass this onto Viji, JZ, Sig, Easy Crafts and Nandita.
Vegetable Platter - has given me the Yummy Blog Award. Thank you so much! :)