I wanted to send this for the sandwich event but I just realized that I'm too late, unfortunately.
Mint Leaves - about 1 bunch, de-stem and reserve the leaves
Channa dhal - 1 tsp
Urad Dhal - 1 tsp
Red chillies/G. chillies - 2 or 3
Dessicated, shredded Coconut - 1 tbsp
Tamarind paste or small piece of tamarind soaked in water
Salt - to taste
Oil - 1 tsp
1) Heat oil and toast the urad dhal, channa dhal and chillies, next add the mint leaves and fry till it is wilted.
2) Grind this with dessicated coconut, tamarind and salt to a smooth paste, with a sprinkle of water as necessary. Can be stored for a few days refrigerated. Some coriander leaves can also be added for a variation.
MINTY VEGETABLE SANDWICH
Onions - sliced thinly
Bell pepper (Red/Green) - sliced into thin rounds
Tomatoes - sliced into thin rounds
Mayonnaise / Sour Cream / Thick yogurt (drained)
Mint Chutney (recipe above)
Salt and pepper - to taste
Butter / Margarine
1) Spread mint chutney on one slice of bread and the mayonnaise/sourcream on another slice.
2) Top one of the slices with sliced onions, bell peppers, tomatoes and sprinkle with salt & pepper. Dot the other slice with a few drops of ketchup and use that to cover the vegetables.3) Dot the top and bottom of the sandwich with some butter/margarine and pop into a sandwich toaster and cook till it's golden brown - as simple as that.
4) Add a slice of cheese on top of the veggies, for the kids and make a meal of it with a filling smoothie.