Bhel Puri

For a quick summertime snack, which can spare me from slaving at the stove I can think of nothing more healthy, delicious and satisfying as Bhel Puri. I normally have Coriander Chutney and Tamarind-Date Chutney in the fridge so this is a breeze to prepare.


BHEL PURI

Ingredients

Puffed Rice (Pori) - 3 to 4 cups (or more to taste)
Potato - 1 medium, boiled, peeled, refrigerated for an hour & cubed
Cucumber - 1, diced
Tomato - 1, diced
Onion - 1, diced
Green chillies - 3, finely chopped
Channa (white) - 1/2 cup, soaked and cooked with salt (or canned)
Chaat Masala - a couple pinches or to taste
Garam Masala - 1/4 tsp
Salt - to taste
Tamarind - Date chutney
Coriander/Green Chutney
Sev - to serve
Coriander leaves - 3 to 4 tbsp, chopped

Method:
1) Combine onion, tomato, cucumber, potato, green chillies, coriander leaves and channa in a big bowl. Toss with salt, chaat masala & Garam masala.

2) Just before serving, add the puffed rice (pori) with the coriander and tamarind-date chutneys and mix. Taste and adjust seasonings.

3) Scoop into a serving bowl and top with crunchy sev. Delicious Bhel puri is now ready to savour.

Comments

  1. looks so yummy, chatpata :) the ever fav...

    ReplyDelete
  2. laavanya..yummy! that is making my mouth water.. i can eat bowls and bowls of that bhel!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lavanya...Looks great...I love Bhel puri :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It loos delicious.
    I can just eat bowls of it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely mouthwatering...is that bowl for me;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can never say no to any street food. I want a bowl of bhel nowwwwwwww :).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks delicious...bhel puri is my all time favourite snack too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bhel puri always reaminds me of Mumbai. This was one of my fav street foods there.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you Richa, Sreelu, Rajitha Sirisha & Happy Cook for your kind comments.

    Sure Sunita you can take that bowl! :)

    Pooja, I wish I could send it over right away.

    Thank you Jayashree, I love chaats too.

    True TBC and Raaga, this is a universal favourite.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Laavanya, just love it. Send me one plate. Viji

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooooh, I can never get enough of this, looks soooo good!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yummy.. I long for ths kinda food here. This looks delicious ..can I come over?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and providing your valuable feedback. NOTE: I have disabled Anonymous comments (since I was getting a lot of spam).

Popular Posts