After the beautiful weather we had last week (where we got a preview into spring), we are back to a bone chilling cold... Anyways, here's something that can cheer you up in no time. For those nutella lovers out there, this is definitely a must try. It works as a nice, warm, crispy dessert with very little effort and time. I always have wonton wrappers in my freezer and nutella in my pantry and that's all this delicious dessert needs (besides oil that is).
FRIED NUTELLA WONTONS
Frozen wonton wrappers - as many as you want (defrosted per package directions)
Nutella - about 2 to 3 tsp per wrapper
Oil - to deep fry (this doesn't require too much oil)
Powdered sugar - for dusting
1) Separate the wrappers, lay them on a flat surface.
2) Put about 2 to 3 tsp of nutella in the middle and spread it a bit.
3) Cover to form a rectangle (or a triangle if you so prefer), crimp the edges with the tines of a fork. You can freeze/refrigerate the assembled wrappers at this point and fry them when you want dessert.
4) Heat oil to deep fry ( a little bit goes a long way in this case) - and deep fry the wontons until puffed up and light golden. Drain on paper towels.
5) Dust some powdered sugar on top or serve with vanilla ice cream if desired.
Tip: The wonton wrappers absorb very less oil and would be a perfect candidate for the outer wrappers of a somaasi (something I'm planning to try when I get a chance).