Yummy Spinach Salad

I'm not really a salad person though I love vegetables... give me any vegetable curry or kootu and I can enjoy eating big portions of it but when it comes to salads, they typically don't excite me much... My husband is no different - but there are some salads that click with us and this is one of them. It comes together easily and I really enjoy eating it.. it is rather versatile and lends itself to quite a few modifications.

What I love about this is that it has some of my favorite additions.. tart, yet sweet craisins (dried cranberries), walnuts, bits of parmesan cheese, orange segments and I vary the dressing - sometimes it's just a drizzle of ranch dressing and other times i combine balsamic vinegar with a touch of orange juice, olive oil and drizzle... either way - so good!

SPINACH SALAD (Serves 1 to 2)


Ingredients:
Fresh, cleaned spinach leaves - about 1.5 to 2 cups
Walnuts - 6 to 8 halves, chopped (or use sliced almonds)
Dried Cranberries (Craisins) - 1.5 tbsp (or use raisins)
Small orange - segments
Parmesan cheese - 1 tbsp
Ranch dressing (storebought) - 1 to 2 tsp


Method:
Spread the spinach leaves on a plate, sprinkle with walnuts, cranberries, orange segments, parmesan cheese and drizzle lightly with dressing. Dig in!

Nutrition info:
Calories - 300, Total Fat - 17.9 g, Saturated Fat - 4.4 g, Polyunsaturated fat 6.9 g, Monounsaturated fat - 2.6 g, Cholestrol 11.9 mg, Sodium, 413.1 mg, Potassium 591.4 mg, Total Carbohydrate 27.3 g, Dietary Fiber - 5.5 g, Sugars- 18.9 g, Protein - 11 g
Vit A - 118.8 %, Vit B12 - 3.5%, Vit B6 - 13.3%, Vit C -113.6%, Vit E - 9.4 %, Calcium - 32.1%, Copper 17.6%, Folate - 40.1%, Iron, 12.7%, Zinc - 8.7 %

Other tasty additions - tomatoes, shredded carrots, thinly sliced red onions, cucumbers or strawberries.

I would like to send this as my entry to Prathiba's Only Salads event which was originally started by Pari Vashist.

Comments

  1. Me too not a salad person,saw a similar salad in Nita mehta's book,thought it would taste terrible,but since you have told,I will sure give it a try :) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A delightful salad! So delicious looking and fresh tasting..

    ReplyDelete
  3. salad looks wonderful ...love the combination of ingredients
    Super Yummy Recipes

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all types of spinach salads. Yours looks really yummy and good-for-you too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am a salad person, because it doesn't need cooking :) I love craisin and nuts in salad!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That salad look so inviting!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely salad. Really healthy too



    A event,Innovative Salads, is going on in the Cookhealthy.in, I will really happy if you will participate in it

    Innovative Salads

    Cook Healthy

    ReplyDelete
  8. I m a salad person..love them to have as a meal.....looks really yumm..even I love cranberries in my salad..hey send dis 2 my salad event na...chk mt blog for more details...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love salads, even i can survive with them, spinach salad looks fabulous..

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am not salad person either but the nuts and fruits sure makes it appealing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. very nice and yummy salad.sounds very new and healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Interesting salad recipe...sounds very healthy n tasty...
    Tasty appetite

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am such a health freak that I can have salads anytime .Sometimes I have only salads for dinner .Spinach salad sounds very interesting.Drop by
    Padhuskitchen
    when u find time

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow, it does look beautiful, healthy and delicious, all 3 :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yumm!!!! I would love to have that Salad... Yumm!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those dried cranberries add a kick to any salad.. Spinach salad look very nutritious..

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and providing your valuable feedback. NOTE: I have disabled Anonymous comments (since I was getting a lot of spam).

Popular Posts