Mango & Greens Salad with Honey Chili Dressing

While I've often preferred adding fruits to salads (mostly apples/pears or oranges), this idea of adding mangoes to salads is something I picked up from my sister in law....  She made a really tasty arugula-mango salad when we visited her and I also got to know what kind of mango to pick. These are the red tinged mexican mangoes (which are much too fibrous when ripe) but in a semi-ripe state they have the right balance of tart and sweetness and make an excellent addition to salads.

For the dressing, you could go  with a store-bought one if you prefer and I favor the raspberry vinaigrette for this combination. But I also like to make my own which has a mix of sweet, spicy and tart flavors...  For the greens - arugula or mixed spring greens work great or even spinach.

MANGO & GREENS SALAD


Ingredients: 

Mango (red tinged mexican mangoes preferred) - 1 semi-ripe, firm to the touch
Mixed Spring greens - 2 to 3 cups 
Dried Cranberries (Craisins) - 1 tbsp, optional
Sliced Almonds - 1 tbsp, optional 

Honey Chili Dressing:

Olive oil - 1 tbsp
Honey - 2 to 3 tsp, to taste
Sriracha chili sauce - 1 tsp
Red pepper flakes - half tsp, optional
Lemon Juice - 2 tbsp
Salt, pepper to taste

Method:

1) Peel and cut mango into small cubes and put in a bowl with salad greens
2) In a small bowl whisk together all the ingredients for the dressing until emulsified - taste, and adjust the honey/chilli sauce/lemon juice. 
3) Pour the dressing over the mango and greens and toss to coat. 
4) Before serving top with the dried cranberries or almonds, if using. 


Comments

  1. Mangoes in salad is a great idea especially when they are slightly tart. I love your dressing with Sriracha what is not to like!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can finish that whole delicious salad, mangoes in salad is my weakness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Indo, Priya and Hari Chandana...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and providing your valuable feedback. NOTE: I have disabled Anonymous comments (since I was getting a lot of spam).

Popular Posts