Waldorf Salad / Apple Celery Salad

I'm sorry for the long hiatus... Although I have been clicking pictures of new dishes and there are quite a few recipes that I am yet to post, there just hasn't been enough time to actually write a post. Our office has been going through some rather painful changes and all I can look forward to is more pressure and long hours but hopefully it will also mean that I will learn new things and figure out a way to cope with the changes (or atleast that's what I have been telling myself).

Anyway, let's move on to tastier things...  My sister-in-law told me about this salad as we often discuss about  healthy meal ideas. Since celery is not something that the family eats readily, I try to incorporate it in different dishes and this one is awesome - combined with all the fruits and a slightly sweet creamy dressing, it doesn't taste bland like you would expect a salad.

WALDORF SALAD / APPLE CELERY SALAD



Ingredients:

Apple  - 1 large (I used Fuji since they are crisp & sweet and also peeled them)
Celery - 3 stalks, finely diced 
Grapes - 1 cup, halved or cut into thirds (or use few tbsp of raisins instead)
Walnuts - 4 or 5 halves, roasted and cut into small pcs (I ran out of them so skipped them this time)
Sour Cream - 2 tbsp
Yogurt (homemade - thick) - 2 tbsp
Honey - 1/2 tp 1 tsp
Salt, pepper - to taste

Method:

1)
Cut apple into small cubes & finely dice the celery stalks.
2) Toss the apple, celery, grapes, walnuts in a bowl.
3) Combine the sour cream, yogurt, honey, salt & pepper in a small bowl for the dressing
4) Mix everything together and chill for a while before serving this tasty salad.

Comments

  1. Hope u will settle down with ur office changes soon...
    Celery with fruits never tried, but looks pretty quick and delicious to make it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My kind of salad, but somehow never tried this apple and celery combo in salad. Interesting. Hope everything will be ok at ur end soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like the fruits that went into this lovely salad. Celery is something that bothers me even in soup.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and providing your valuable feedback. NOTE: I have disabled Anonymous comments (since I was getting a lot of spam).

Popular Posts