Dolphin Cake

Our daughter celebrated her birthday on October 10th and this year she wanted a dolphin cake... since I had tried the buttercream transfer method earlier, I was initially inclined to use the same method and got a dolphin picture to trace... but along the way I changed my mind and decided to give fondant a try to make little dolphin figurines and then extended it to other sea creatures as well.... It's pretty much like edible play dough  and a lot of fun to work with.  End result was that she was very happy with the cake and that made me a satisfied mom.

For the actual cake she wanted a chocolate cake with a raspberry frosting... so I started with my trusted recipe for chocolate cake. For the filling, I combined lightly sweetened whipping cream (whipped to stiff peaks) and folded in thawed frozen raspberries... the end result was a mildly sweet, slightly tangy pink filling and it worked out great with the rich chocolate cake so she chose a great combination and we all enjoyed it.

Here's a picture of the cake the decorations

Dolphin Cake
Fondant Decorations ready to go on cake




Comments

Popular Posts