Friday, June 15, 2012

Strawberry Nutella Sandwiches

So, it's been a while since I added any new recipes - though I've been clicking pictures, haven't really had much time to post the recipes. Summer usually means a bit more relaxing time atleast in terms of the kids' schedules (no homework to deal with, no need to rush my daughter out for the school bus at 7:15am) - or so I thought but it has been just as hectic... I have been shuttling her to and from her ice skating camp and to a few makeup classes before our India trip next week. There's been a fair bit of shopping and I haven't even started the packing... so much to do at work too before I leave.. so I've been in panic mode....

Coming to the post today, this is a quick sandwich I made for my daughter and she loved it.. (so did my husband actually). It doesn't even warrant a recipe really and just combines two ingredients she loves so I knew that I couldn't go wrong.

STRAWBERRY NUTELLA SANDWICHES

Ingredients:


Bread slices - as required
Strawberries / Bananas - few slices (washed and hulled)
Nutella (Chocolate hazelnut spread) - as required

Butter/ghee to toast


Method:

 Spread a thin layer of nutella on both slices of bread. Top one slice with strawberry (or banana) slices, cover with other slice and toast with a bit of butter or ghee till golden. 


The warm gooey nutella with the strawberries make it so tasty.

Another quick snack that I've been making for them (we all need a lot of snack recipes when kids are home, don't we?) is to make a quick chocolate fondue with several fruits and a small fork so she can dip them in the chocolate: (no pictures since this usually disappears in no time)

Combine about 2 tbsp of semi sweet choc chips and 1 tbsp of cream in a small ramekin, microwave for about 20 seconds or so and stir until the chocolate has completely melted.  Serve with slices of bananas and strawberries with a tiny fruit fork and bask in the praises of being the best mommy and the best 'cooker' in the whole world. Win-win I say (healthy and tasty).

Have an awesome summer everyone!

7 comments:

  1. Omg, irresistible sandwich, wish to have it rite now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jam will do in a pinch, but I will be making these on Sunday - the only day Nutella is 'allowed' - or it would be spooned out mid-week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My Kids love these but have never tried with strawberries. I eat Nutella plain. I like to think it is healthier because there is no carb involved ;).

    ReplyDelete
  4. i think my son will like it..looks yumm

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooo yum, I love all things nutella :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice pictures and looks very yummy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Lavanya first time here, you are having such a lovely space... happy to follow you... if you have free time plz visit my space...
    sandwich tempting me....
    VIRUNTHU UNNA VAANGA

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and providing your valuable feedback. NOTE: I have disabled Anonymous comments (since I was getting a lot of spam).